Tuesday, June 18, 2013

An Anniversary Card for June

Hello, friends. I'm so glad you've stopped by today.

June has been a very busy month. My husband and I hosted his first cousin and her husband for several days at the end of May and into June. What a happy, blessed time it was! They've only been gone for a very short while, and we miss them already. Here's hoping they trade the cold wintry North (Michigan) for the warm Southern hospitality here in Carolina. That was the purpose for their trip, really, so we're encouraging them to take the leap of faith!

Meanwhile, June is traditionally the month for weddings and all things "love"ly. We have dear friends who are celebrating their 12th wedding anniversary this month, and today's card is for them. I cased this card from yellowrose46 in Split Coast Stampers' challenge 183.

 

 
I've also taken a note from Cindy Lawrence, a regional Copic instructor and the person who taught my certification class, by adding some additional images on the inside of my card.

 
I kept the inside images soft by stamping off once before applying them to the card. The main image is from Stampin' Up's Summer by the Sea rubber stamp set; it's retired. I recently purchased this set on ebay, so I'm still working with various media to get a perfectly colored image. Rather than color this one, I simply stamped it with Ranger Distress Ink in pumice stone color. 
 
I chose Bazzill card stock in French Vanilla color for the base and Herbal Garden Dark for trim. The designer series paper is from the 6x6 My Mind's Eye Indie Chic "Citron" collection. The bluish-green paper at right was a little plain, so I used my new Simon Says Stamp Flower Friend Clear Stamp Set and one that I can no longer identify (sorry!) to stamp in Perfect Medium and finish off with Perfect Pearls Green Patina powder. The shine is minimal, so it's almost impossible to see in the photo.
 
Embellishments include a palm tree charm from K&Company Sea Glass metal art, and pebble brads from Making Memories Flowers Lemonade. I realized too late that the brads are such a perfect match for the background colors at left that they fade almost entirely into the background.
 
I popped up the main image on the front of the card with some Stampin' Dimensionals and finally added a sentiment on the inside from Fiskars Lasting Love Quotes.  Despite a few missteps, I'm really very pleased with my results.
 
Thanks for stopping by and may God bless!

1 comment:

  1. It's gorgeous! You put in so many special touches - stamping the designer paper and adding stamps to the inside. I love it!

    ReplyDelete