Saturday, June 1, 2013

Clean and Simple Color Blocks

As much as I love to fuss over my cards, sometimes it's the clean and simple designs that speak to me most. This crisp color block card was so simple that it seemed almost impossible that it came out so well.  It's a little like life, isn't it?  Sometimes, we just need to chill out and go for the obvious.



The image for this card is from the Serene Silhouettes set from Stampin' Up! I used a plain piece of white card stock for the color block base. I cut three strips of complementary blues and greens, taped them to the base and trimmed them out. Then I stamped the image with Versamark ink, embossed in white, added three star-shaped brads, and taped it all to another white piece of card stock with the sentiment. Finally, I taped the constructed piece to American Crafts wave colored paper. Simple!

I may have to re-think my aversion to clean and simple styles. I've had trouble in the past with making them pretty enough to suit me. Maybe I'm getting the hang of it!

This card is posted to the Split Coast Stampers' Color Blocking with Cardstock challenge. The tutorial by Beate Johns was really lovely. Check it out!

Thanks for visiting, and I'll see you again soon.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love this card! The blocked background looks great and the white image really pops!

    ReplyDelete