Thursday, January 4, 2018

Live in the Sunshine

Hello!

I awoke this morning to a beautiful day filled with sunshine...and a fresh blanket of snow here in eastern North Carolina. Winter Storm Grayson deposited about 4 inches of lovely powder on our yard last night. I sat at the window and watched it pouring down around midnight. I'd say "drifting," which is my favorite speed, but it was coming much too quickly for that. Still, so beautiful!

My favorite thing about snow is "listening" to the quiet when it falls. What a joy to hear the world get still. It doesn't, of course. It just seems that way, and I love the feeling of peace.



Today, the storm is gone, and the sunshine is here in abundance. That made me think of a card I made recently. It uses a Stampin' Up stamp with a Ralph Waldo Emerson quote to "Live in the sunshine." There's also an image from Serene Silhouettes - one of my favorite sets. I made a circle mask and sponged on a couple of Stampin' Up inks to make a sun, and then used black embossing ink for the birds in the tree. Easy-peasy!

As the new year gets underway, I think "live in the sunshine" is a really positive message - and one I'd like to adopt. In spite of the world's ugliness at times, there are many opportunities to feel blessed! I hope you feel that way today, too.

Thanks for visiting, and do come again!


4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Karen, and how lovely to have a visit from you! Hope you've been well since we last visited each other. Your snowscape is lovely, and I bet you have the same cold as we in SC are having. (nothing compared to our New England states however!) We didn't get snow, and only 2 days of overcast gloom. The lowest temp we've had at night has been 11 (to my knowledge) The days warm up to mid-30, and not too brutal if there's no wind. I love the way you've done the warm sunshine on your card, and the birds and branch silhouette looks beautiful over it. I like the way you've done the icy glisten on the branches. A perfect sentiment, as it seems there is so much evil about in the world today. It's nice to find a space of peace when you can. Happy 2018 and hope we can visit more. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog, Mary. I still have yours featured, and I visited yours, as well. Happy New Year! I'll be posting today about our 2 degree wake-up call today! Brrrr!

      Delete
  2. So glad you got some snow! Lovely card. I like the sun with all the shades of color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting, Lisa! I had fun making this card. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete